Advice consultations last up to an hour. I will read reports from professionals including information from nursery or school (if appropriate) ahead of the consultation and offer advice regarding support that your child may require from various agencies, and an explanation of the appropriate diagnostic assessment pathway if required. This is summed up at the end of the consultation and in a summary report.
Development Assessment Griffiths III
(for children up to 6 years old) with consultation - 90 mins
- Foundations of learning - assesses critical aspects of learning during the early childhood years.
- Language and communication - measures overall language development, including expressive language, receptive language, and (to a lesser extent) use of language to communicate socially with others.
- Eye and hand coordination - considers fine motor skills, manual dexterity and visual perception skills.
- Personal-social-emotional - measures constructs relating to the child's developing sense of self and growing independence, interactions with others, plus many aspects of emotional development.
- Gross motor - assesses postural control, balance and gross body coordination, among other abilities.
I will read reports from professionals including information from nursery or school, where appropriate, ahead of the consultation. The assessment itself comprises time for your child to settle and play in the room while I take a detailed developmental history and then conduct a Griffiths Developmental Assessment (which is a standardised Diagnostic Developmental Assessment for children between the age 0 - 8 years). This is a play based assessment using specific equipment covering all areas of development (locomotor,personal, language, eye hand co-ordination, performance and practical reasoning). The assessment is scored and a qualitative report is produced. I then provide a report which summaries the assessment and provides recommendations.